The Round Table leaders of the major shipping industry trade associations BIMCO, ICS, INTERCARGO and INTERTANKO met in London yesterday to consider the transformational issues affecting the sector.
Britannia P&I Club’s overall credit rating has been re-affirmed as ‘A’ (stable) by S&P Global Ratings, the world’s leading independent credit ratings provider. S&P added that Britannia’s outlook remains stable over the next two years, based on its view that the Club’s current capital buffer well exceeds S&P’s ‘AAA’ level requirement.
Daily News Briefing
News in and around LISW19
In the 09/10/2019 edition:
- New ship to boost safe navigation in UK seas
- Government hails maritime industry as lifeblood of global trade with launch of London International Shipping Week
- LISW19 OFFICIALLY BEGINS WITH MARKET OPENING OF THE LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE
- New Maritime London report outlines steps to grow UK’s $6bn maritime businesses
- SOUTH AFRICAN SCHOOL GIRLS ANSWER LONDON’S MARITIME CALL
Team Oman Air is heading to Italy and aiming for back to back victories to strengthen their position in the lead of the GC32 Racing Tour. A winning performance at the last event, the Copa Del Rey MAPFRE regatta in the Majorcan capital Palma, saw them go top of the 2019 Tour leaderboard.
The author and publisher are to be commended for providing a study of the much neglected subject of sailors’ fitness. The Royal Navy has long recognized the importance of its sailors maintaining the highest levels of health and morale even if historians have generally neglected this critical area of the ability to wage war – Very Highly Recommended
This new addition to a highly popular series pulls no punches. The local authority practises in the North East have long included corruption, reaching an extreme in the 1960s, but also an important factor during WWII – Very Highly Recommended