General information and media accreditation
Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC), 74thsession
Accreditation and media access
Media wishing to attend plenary sessions but who do not have current and valid IMO media accreditation must download and complete the media accreditation form and return it to media @ imo.org with a letter of assignment. Any media attending the Committee will be required to show a valid form of ID.
Plenary sessions only are open to accredited media.
Already accredited? – If already accredited (and in possession of an IMO media pass) please email media @ imo.org if you plan to attend. Your existing pass will be activated.
Agenda and timetable – Please email media @ imo.org for provisional agenda and timetable.
Hours – Morning, 09.30-12.30 (break: 11:00-11:30); afternoon, 14.30-17:30 (break 16:00-16:30) Final report and working group reports are expected to be approved on Friday 26 October. Amendments are expected to be adopted on Friday.
Main agenda items
Highlights of particular interest to media include the following – please scroll down the page to read more:
- Adoption of amendments to IMO mandatory instruments
- Reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from ships
- Implementation of the sulphur 2020 limit
- Marine plastic litter action plan
- Ballast water management (BWM) Convention implementation
- Approval of guidance and other matters
- Technical cooperation and capacity building – a new global project will be announced on Monday 13 May
- Seminar on ship recycling (10 May)
Please click for more details.