Thursday May 2nd, 10am to noon, How Hill Staithe
The third Broads Outdoors Festival which features 70 special events over more than two weeks is to be launched on Thursday May 2nd at How Hill National Nature Reserve.
The 2012 Weston-super-Mare Lifeboat Pull
For many years, following the custom in many seaside towns, Weston-super-Mare RNLI Lifeboat volunteers have towed a lifeboat along the sea front promenade to raise funds for the charity’s work of saving lives at sea. This year the Lifeboat Pull will take place at midday on the Bank Holiday Monday 6th May along Weston-super-Mare promenade.
Nearly perfect conditions for great racing
The first event of the inaugural European Sailing Series the MVM Balaton Melges 24 Regatta sponsored by the MVM Hungarian Power Company was held on the 26th to 28th of April on Balaton the largest lake of Middle Europe. With the Melges 24 European Championship 2014 also being held the same lake in Hungary this event offered the perfect warm up opportunity for both competitors and race managers alike.
• Numerous candidates compete in the first races of the season
• These early series begin to point the way for performances
• First rendez-vous in Douarnenez, the Trophée Marie-Agnès Péron
• Inauguration of the race press area at www.minitransat.fr
The Open Demi-Clé (double handed) and Pornichet Select (single handed) open the batting for this season’s racing for the Atlantic Ministes, whilst in the Mediterranean competitors are offered the four races of the Mini-Golfe au Gran Premio d’Italia. With 112 pre-registered for 84 available starting slots, the battle for places will be fierce.
Monday 29 April 2013
The ISAF World Sailing Rankings for 29 April 2013 have been released.
• Fifteen countries take 30 of the top three ranking positions
• Consistent 12-month period for Alonso brothers gives them World #1 spot in the 49er
• Mat Belcher and Will Ryan march on with perfect ranking score
• Kiwis regain World #1 49erFX spot
Peter Island, BVI – Congratulations to Roberto Tomasini Grinover aboard Robertissima, as he is the first ever and newly crowned 2013 OtterBox® Melges 32 Virgin Island Sailing Series (M32VISS), Caribbean Champion Tomasini Grinover was accompanied by tactician Vasco Vascotto and crew comprised of Gaetano Figlia di Granara, Giovanni Cassinari, Gunnar Bahr, Armin Raderbauer, Pablo Torrado and Nevio Sabadin.
The Expedition book 1, Dark Waters, published in the UK and Rest of the World
After some distribution hiccups, I’m thrilled to announce UK and worldwide publication of Dark Waters, first in The Expedition trilogy chronicling the first human-powered circumnavigation of the Earth.
Peter Island, BVI – Day two at the 2013 OtterBox® Melges 32 Virgin Island Sailing Series (M32VISS), Caribbean Championship hosted by Peter Island Resort and Spa commenced under rainy and very cloudy conditions. Despite the dismal forecast that basically predicted nothing but unpredictable and unstable air, PRO Hank Stuart and his dedicated Royal BVI Yacht Club Race Committee were determined to make it another great day of racing in Sir Francis Drake Channel.
• Belcher and Ryan maintain unbeaten Men’s 470 partnership
• Olympic medallists Marit Bouwmeester (NED) and Przemyslaw Miarczynski (POL) make a golden return
• Thirteen nations share the 30 medals available across the ten Olympic events
The medals were decided across the ten Olympic events as ISAF Sailing World Cup Hyères brought the 2012-13 World Cup series to a close.